Published on April 13th, 2016 | by voxx0
The British Army’s High-Tech Soldier
What’s our next generation piece of kit for today soldiers?
The MOD certainly have upped their game in providing our soldiers with a new fully functional bit of protective gear. Soldiers from the 3rd battalion(The rifles) have been testing this new kit in a grueling, gripping challenging exercise in Americas deep south. This new kit needs to have many unique features such as lightweight, slim, flexible More aimed towards comfort mobility and endurance.
The design includes:
• Head sub-system concept incorporating hearing protection, lightweight sensors for information sharing and an integrated power supply.
• Torso sub-system concept of segmented armour that can be customized to the user or situation with integrated connectors and power supply. It also features a quick release cord which releases armour at the shoulders in an emergency and flexible shoulder pads for added protection and to help with weight distribution when carrying loads.
• Smart watch style wearable communications concept which incorporates sensors to record the user’s biometric data.
• Smart glasses concept which include a heads-up display, integrated camera and bone conducting headphones to increase situational awareness without compromising hearing.
• A robust personal role computer concept enabling better information sharing and communications between personnel.
• Ergonomically designed and customisable the weapon concept will allow targeting information to be shared between soldiers and their units.
The Future Soldier Vision, which is supported by the protected Defence budget, our £160b equipment plan and the very best of the UK’s science and technology expertise, demonstrates our commitment to ensuring our soldiers have the kit they need to keep our country safe.