Published on October 30th, 2017 | by voxx0
Important Personal Safety Tips
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, do not hand it to him. Toss it away from you….chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. Run as fast as you can in the other direction!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. Don’t do this!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun/knife to your head/throat, and tell you where to go. As soon as you get into your car, lock the doors and leave.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
A) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
B) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling
them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
It is always better to be safe than sorry!
6. Always take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at night!)
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, always run. The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely will not be a vital organ. Run, preferably in a zig-zag pattern!
8. As women we are always trying to be sympathetic: Stop. It may get you raped or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well-educated man, who always played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked “for help” into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her:
“Whatever you do, do not open the door.”
The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, “We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, do not open the door.” He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby’s cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby’s cries outside their doors when they’re home alone at night.
Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby — This should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America’s Most Wanted recently when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.
- By Cat Parton (Adapted from “Written by a Cop” internet post)